Thursday, January 17, 2013

it's been a week...

so one of the major things that has happened is i quit my job last friday. i just walked out i had had enough. it's been a long time comin i haven't been happy for awhile and i am sick of retail and especially retail management. of coarse i'm kinda freakin out now because it wasn't planned i just did it on a whim but the good thing is my other half is supporting me 100%. we are going to have to change our life style and cut back in order to make ends meet but i feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
i'm hoping to have more time to do some of the things i love and i have a lot of ideas brewing in my head. one of my high school friends has a booth at the big antique store in town (treasure mart) and she said i could put some stuff in her booth so i'm doin my spring claening and gettin rid of some stuff. i know (one of my friends said) it's not spring but because of all my years in retail we do the spring cleaning in jan so now thats when i always do it at home. i want to take more pictures and set up displays and get my photography better i also want to learn a few new things so i will have a lot to keep my busy because one of my rooms looks like a hoarders closet i have way to many clothes.
i have been looking for a new job and hope i don't have to go back to retail but if i do it will not be as a store manager and i hope it will be a different kind of retail. 'm not gunna lie i'm scared to death what if i can't find anything jobs are so hard to come by these days but i'm having faith and staying positive.
my friends told me the other day that i've hit my reset button that i'm at a point in my life where i'm ready for a change and i've taken the leap and hit the button. so anyway this is the major thing that's goin on in my life right now as more changes come i will keep everyone posted but for right now i'm enjoyin some time off and the little guys are lovin me being home with them.
i hope everything is goin good with all of you out there in blogland.

1 comment:

jennifer768 said...

Congrats on taking that leap of faith!Hope that you enjoy your time off,till things change. I will be praying that things go smoothly.Hugs,Jen